Elementary, Middle and High School Youth Groups are a dynamic ministry at First Church. Our fellowship time consists of prayer, games, action, and conversations around the intersection of faith and justice. We also focus on individual and communal spiritual formation, grounded in scripture as our guide towards a liberated world.
Want to get involved? Email email@example.com
For the BYKOTAs, 5th-8th grade: Gather together at the front of the sanctuary, listen and worship, then depart for Coffee Hour, followed by Bible study with Amanda and Lynn.
Middle School Youth Group, 6th-8th grade: Meets Sundays 11:30- 1pm for hikes, adventures, boating, and faith formation with Beth and Rev. Rebecca.
High School Youth Group, 8th-12th grade: Some of our youth are newly back from the last miles of the prayer walk seeking freedom for Elder Leonard Peltier. Our spring retreat is the first weekend of March, to offer solidarity with the unhoused in New Hampshire.
Through these religious education offerings, our goals are:
- A safe and sacred space for young people
- Supporting the faith journeys of youth in the church and the community
- Studying of Scripture with honest dialogue about authority, beauty, faith, humanity, and love
- A place to question: to bring doubts as well as certainties
- Engaging in music, sports, dance and drama to develop spiritual/religious practices
- Retreating for First Communion and Confirmation
- Celebrating special church holidays including St. Francis Day, Advent, Christmas, Lent, Holy Week, Easter, Pentecost
We invite parents, Godparents, relatives, and friends on a monthly basis to team-teach with the church faculty.