All are welcome at our church school program for ages 0 to 18 ,
Sunday mornings at 10 am.
- For the smallest babies and children, come to our nursery, and meet Hind, who welcomes the youngest children of the church.
- Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st Grade, come downstairs to our Godly Play workshop, led by Christine Hribar, Stacey Keane, and Paige Menchini.
- Second and Third Grade, join Barbara Mahoney and Judy Eldredge in the Sunday School for Scripture studies and play.
- 4th and 5th grade and above will remain in worship through the sermon then retreat to the parlor. With snacks and a game, Beth Viemann and members of the Middle School and High School youth Group (including Joey Powers, Beylen Curtiss, Thomas O’Connell, Zeke Allman, and Chloe Doonan).will lead the 4th and 5th graders in conversations about how worship works, and discuss one of the great themes of the worship.
- Middle Schoolers and High Schoolers head to the Meetinghouse for games and a discussion of a powerful theme of the church:
- September 9th: Who we are and whose we are. Romans 8:38
- September 16: Jesus was a refugee . Matthew 2:13
- September 23: sons of Adam and Daughter of Eve and a little bit of both Genesis 2:4
- September 30: Packing your toolkit, loading your ark, and what would you leave behind? Genesis 6:19
The Safe Church Policy: All children are protected at First Church by our Safe Church Policy. Children and families are invited to sign in at the start of church, and to receive a “child ticket” for children grades three and under, which will be used to retrieve your child at the end of worship. All of our teachers and staff are screened for safety backgrounds, and are trained in the Safe Church principles of the United Church of Christ.